Since I moved to my new place, I have been unhappy with my skin because of the water and the weather (it's hotter and more humid here), and I have been quite stressed trying to fit in everything that I need to do in just 24hrs. My sleeping schedule has changed; I have only been sleeping for 5 hours a day, and it made my skin look dull and dry, and I broke out a lot. I had so many pimple marks and white heads on my face. Bottom line, it's terrible. It may sound shallow, but having a clear and healthy skin is important to me, and I'm sure to many as well. I thought the combination of the skincare products I was using wasn't compatible with my skin too so I decided to go back to basics, turn to the products and brands that I trust, and added 2 new items, the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser, and baking soda as my facial scrub (every other day).
1) I would use just a pea size of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser, rub it in between my hands first, then massage on my skin in only 15 seconds or less. Since my face is already clean from the night before, I don't need deep cleansing in the morning anymore. It also prevents my skin from drying.
2) After patting my skin dry, I'll apply the Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner using a cotton pad
3) While my skin is still damp, I apply enough amount of the Pond's Age Defying Cream on my face and neck. This also serves as my sunscreen so I don't use other sun protection product anymore.
1) I remove my makeup using Sanicare Cleansing Wipes. This is a new favorite because it's very soft and smooth on the skin.
2) Then I use the same amount of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser
3) Next I apply the Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner until the cotton pad is free from any dirt or stains from my makeup
4) I apply the SOS all over my face while my skin is still damp from toning.
5) After the SOS has dried, I massage Pond's Age Defying Cream on my face and neck. I don't use a night cream anymore.
If it's time to exfoliate (I do this every other day) I take about a pea size baking soda and add a drop of water to make a paste, and massage it on my skin, after I use the cleanser. I only use a small amount because baking soda can dry the skin.
Below are unedited photos of me with my bare skin in different lighting conditions. I have nothing on my skin and just woke up when I took this picture. If you look closer, you can see my enormous pores, redness on my cheeks and around the nose, and some pimple marks on my forehead.
terrible, but don't like water. I'm sure others too (I'm not weird). had to myself day, and now I'm getting used to it, and must because :).
I'll slowly be back to posting here now. I have too many product reviews overdue now. Please check back anytime this week if you want to stay updated, or you can follow me around on my social media, links below (I promise, I'll be more active and you'll see more posts from me *wink*).
Anyway, I hope you all are having a great summer. Stay safe, use sunscreen, stay hydrated, apply lip balm, and enjoy the vacation season everyone!